The Canadian Foundation for Pharmacy’s 2016 Pharmacy Forum will take stock of community pharmacy’s adaptation to the new reality of lower profit margins, reduced provincial funding for distribution and the enticement of new revenue streams from expanded pharmacy services.
Recent data suggest that uptake of publicly funded services is below expectations, and services are not reaching the patients who need them most. What’s next? Is it “business as usual” or is the profession heading down a path toward “pharmageddon,” where they will not be able to adapt to the satisfaction of payers?
Using expert panels and breakout table discussions, this year’s Forum promises to generate lively debate and fresh perspectives on the future of community pharmacy during this time of unprecedented change. Presenters and pharmacy leaders will dive deeper into data on the adoption of expanded scopes of practice so far, and share their experiences and recommendations for economic viability and change management.
And don’t miss the keynote speaker, all the way from the United Kingdom!
Mark Burdon, pharmacy owner and member of the Pharmaceutical Services Negotiating Committee, will share lessons learned from the roller-coaster (and ongoing) negotiations between pharmacy and government.
The speakers’ roster also includes:
- Zubin Austin, Professor and Director, Centre for Practice Excellence, University of Toronto
- Lisa Dolovich, co-lead researcher, Ontario Pharmacy Research Collaborative
- Margaret Wing, CEO, Alberta Pharmacists’ Association
- Ned Pojskic, Pharmacy Strategy Leader, Green Shield Canada
- John Papastergiou, associate-owner, Shoppers Drug Mart
- Sean Simpson, owner, Simpson’s Pharmacy
- Jen Baker, co-chair, Staff Pharmacists Caucus, Ontario Pharmacists Association
The regular rate for pharmaceutical manufacturers, consultants and others is $425.
The rate for practising pharmacists and representatives for corporate pharmacy and pharmacy associations is $295.
PLUS there are two additional special rates this year:
- Registered representatives for corporate pharmacies or pharmacy associations are encouraged to register pharmacists from the “next generation” as their guests, for the special mentorship rate of $195.
- Registered pharmacists whose pharmacies currently employ fourth-year pharmacy students are welcome to bring them as guests, at no additional cost. Simply register their names so that we may have an accurate head count, or email their names to Dayle Acorn, CFP Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To register online, please click the Register Here button in the upper right corner. Or email Dayle Acorn, CFP Executive Director, at email@example.com.